GREENWOOD, SC (WSPA)
This week in the 7 News Hometown Holidays series we bring you to a place so thrilled with the holiday season that they've turned a historic children's home into a winter wonderland.
Connie Maxwell Children's Home is a home for some children who have been abandoned, abused, or neglected and others who have been placed by loving caregivers going through difficult situations.
At the Christmas celebration there will be live concerts carriage rides and beautifully decorated buildings. The holiday lights are also often a big draw along with a live nativity scene presented by the Connie Maxwell Baptist Church
This all happens rain or shine each evening December 7, 8 and 9 from 6-8:30p.
In Uptown Greenwood you can purchase Christmas presents at local shops and see a gingerbread contest at the Inn on the Square.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 men charged in murder of Iva mom
- AG Sessions says he's fired former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, effective immediately
- No. 16 UMBC stuns No. 1 Virginia 74-54 to make NCAA history
- Sheriff gives update on 2018 murder cases