WSPA Staff - SENECA, SC (WSPA) - An 11-year-old girl has died after a hit-and-run crash in Oconee County, Saturday evening.
The crash happened on Wells Highway near Owens Road around 9:30 p.m., according to Highway Patrol.
The Oconee County Coroner says 11-year-old Emmalee Budrevich of Seneca died at the scene due to injuries.
Troopers say Budrevich was crossing Wells Highway when she was hit. The vehicle then left the scene of the crash.
The Coroner says she and two of her friends were reportedly walking from her home to the Dollar General near Wells Highway.
Investigators are looking for a 2005-2010 White Chevrolet Tahoe. The vehicle could have damage to the driver's side of the front and undercarriage.
SCHP released these photos of trucks that resemble the vehicle they are looking for.
The crash is still under investigation, using Highway Patrol's MAIT team.
We will update this story as more information becomes available.
If you have any information about this crash or about the vehicle of interest, you are asked to call the South Carolina Highway Patrol at 864-241-1000 or 1-800-768-1503, or you can call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Clemson Practices in Omaha Ahead of Friday Night's Sweet 16 Match-up With Kansas
- Disturbance at Anderson Co. apartment complex, several in custody
- California storm forces flood rescues but spares Montecito
- House fire on Crestwood Drive in Greenville, American Red Cross assisting