Two people are dead and another injured after a drive-by shooting in Anderson Tuesday night.
Anderson Police say a husband drove by and shot his wife and her friend while they were walking on E Calhoun Street in Anderson.
The coroner's office says Rachel Ann Lech, 32, of Anderson died of a gunshot wound to the chest.
Police say the couple was estranged and that this was a domestic situation gone wrong. The coroner's office say the couple had been married for 8 months. Rachel had recently filed for divorce.
The suspect's wife was found dead at the scene and the other woman was shot multiple times and taken to the hospital where she is in serious condition.
The shooting happened just after 10:30 p.m near the home of one of the victims.
Police were searching for James W. Lech, 51, who they believed to have been driving either a 2013 White Mini Cooper (tag# JXF273), 1978 Baby Blue Chevy Corvette (Tag# JAT650), or 2012 Black Dodge Ram (Tag# IVF448).
Deputies say that James Lech's body was found in a White Mini Cooper on Pompano Dr in Anderson. Deputies say that Lech killed himself after the shooting.
Friends off all involved say they never expected such violence for the couple.
"It's devastating that this turned out like it did," said Shannon Todd. "They were very happy, traveled, loved the same thing, used to ride motorcycles. They seemed like a great couple, so I don't know what went wrong."
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Experts: Uber SUV's autonomous system should have seen woman
- Vermont now only US state to never send a woman to Congress
- Mattis praises Saudis for humanitarian aid to Yemen
- AP-CO--Colorado News Coverage Advisory, CO