GREENVILLE CO., S.C. (WSPA) - A truck driver was hurt after troopers say he tried to avoid hitting a deer and his tanker overturned in Greenville County.
The accident happened around 5:39 p.m. Sunday on McCall Road near Log Shoals Road.
Troopers say a 31-year-old Jacksonville, Florida man was driving west in a 2014 Freightliner on McCall Road when a deer ran out in front of him.
He tried to avoid hitting the deer, causing him to run off the right side of the road, hit a tree, and overturn, troopers say.
The driver, who was wearing a seat belt, was injured and taken by ambulance to Greenville Memorial Hospital.
The road was closed as emergency crews worked to move the tanker truck.
According to our crew, the truck was carrying a flammable resin, but there was no leak.
No charges will be filed.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Clemson Practices in Omaha Ahead of Friday Night's Sweet 16 Match-up With Kansas
- Disturbance at Anderson Co. apartment complex, several in custody
- California storm forces flood rescues but spares Montecito
- House fire on Crestwood Drive in Greenville, American Red Cross assisting