Greer, S.C. (WSPA) - The Greer Centennial Lions Club is hosting a big bass fishing tournament on April 14th, 2018.
The event is open to the public and sponsored by Greer CPW with a grand prize of $1,000 for the biggest fish and other top prizes. The all-day tournament will be held on Lake Robinson in Greer.
Media representative Alison Rauch with the Lions Club and Greer CPW said Larry Beheler, a Greer resident and longtime organizer of the Greer Family Fest Bass Tournament, will help the Lions Club coordinate the fundraiser.
Rauch said The Greer Centennial Lions Club helps those in need locally with eye care through the fundraiser.
Registration is now open and applications can be found at the Lake Robinson Warden's office, Greer CPW and various bait and tackle shops around the Upstate.
Rauch said participants must have a fishing license through the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources and a boating and fishing permit through Greer CPW.
Applications can be found online: https://document.li/bvaR
Tournament rules can be found online: https://document.li/DZYq
Tournament Schedule For April 14:
- 5:30 AM Gates Open
- 6:30 AM Pre- Tournament Meeting & Blast Off Drawing
- 7:15 AM Blast Off
- 3:00 PM Weigh In and Post Tournament Picnic
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Austin bombing suspect blows himself up as SWAT moves in
- Suspicious package found near Main Street in Mauldin, businesses evacuated
- Fmr. Lexington Co. Detention Center officer accused of misconduct
- Investigation into deadly officer-involved shooting in Greenville Co. ongoing, SLED says