WISH - INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — A man has been charged after his son shot his daughter and girlfriend.
According to court documents, Kyle Spivey left a loaded firearm where his 2-year-old son could reach.
On November 13, his kids were playing when his son grabbed the gun and accidentally shot his sister.
Spivey then grabbed the gun and put it on a dresser, but the boy grabbed it again and shot Spivey's girlfriend.
Both victims are expected to be okay. The 4-year-old sustained some brain damage and vision loss.
Spivey faces preliminary charges of neglect of a dependent, neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury and criminal recklessness.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Florida Gov. Scott signs bill to combat opioids crisis
- Our interstellar visitor likely came from 2-star system
- Winning $457 million Powerball ticket sold in Pennsylvania
- For menopause sex discomfort, gel worked as well as hormone