GREER, SC (WSPA)--- A fatal traffic accident happened on W. Wade Hampton in Greer Monday morning.
Greer police say the incident happened between Dill and Buncombe Road around 10:30 a.m.
The crash involved a single car and a telephone pole, police say.
The victim has been identified as Dayquan Nesbitt, 21, of Boiling Springs Rd. in Taylors, SC, according to the coroner.
The cause of death is listed as multi body trauma and was an accident.
The coroner says Nesbitt was traveling near the intersection of Highway 290 when vehicle hit the curb and a utility pole.
That caused the vehicle to overturn and Nesbitt was pinned under the vehicle.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Deputy shoots, kills knife-wielding suspect in Greenville Co., sheriff says
- Woman on meth assaults passenger in school drop-off line, say Spartanburg Co. deputies
- Tax Breaks approved for three new companies coming to Spartanburg County
- Buncombe Co. Schools adds 20 minutes to each school day in April