WSPA Staff - ANDERSON CO., S.C. (WSPA) - Firefighters have contained a massive fire at a restaurant in Anderson.
The fire was called in just before 4 a.m. Tuesday to Sake Zen restaurant on Clemson Boulevard.
Four fire stations were on the scene, while two more departments were on standby.
Sandy Springs Fire Chief Randy Wilson said half the restaurant was in flames when firefighters arrived on scene.
Crews were unable to get inside and used a ladder to fight the blaze from above.
Most of the fire had been knocked down shortly before 6 a.m.
Chief Wilson said firefighters will continue fighting hot spots though the morning.
No one was inside the restaurant at the time.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Toys ‘R' Us liquidation sales postponed
- House OKs compromise $1.3 trillion budget bill, Senate next
- Deputies clear report of suspicious package near Upstate shopping center
- Ex-Miss Kentucky gets probation for bringing pot into prison