WTBW - GEORGETOWN COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) - A Georgetown County Sheriff's Deputy has been terminated from the force after being arrested Tuesday for domestic violence.
According to a release from Public Information Officer Carrie Cuthbertson, investigators arrested Mark Clayton Durkee, 21, for Domestic Violence 3rd. Durkee, a Georgetown County Sheriff's Deputy, was arrested as a result of an investigation conducted by sheriff's investigators into the assault of his live-in fiancé.
The investigation started Monday night when the victim notified Georgetown County Sheriff's Deputies that she was physically assaulted by Durkee. The attack reportedly occurred at Durkee's home in the Litchfield Community of Georgetown County.
The release states that on Monday night Durkee became enraged over a conflict in his and the victim's relationship. As the victim attempted to talk with Durkee, he remained extremely angry and began throwing things and flipping over furniture in the house. Durkee would not calm down and purportedly hit the victim in her face.
Durkee met with Georgetown County Sheriff's Investigators Tuesday morning at the sheriff's office where he gave a statement and was subsequently arrested. Durkee was transported to the Georgetown County Detention Center where he is awaiting a bond hearing.
Subsequent to the arrest, Durkee was terminated after serving a year with the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Florida man gets 10 years for killing friend during fight
- Florida couple charged in death of man's 6-year-old daughter
- Here is the latest Colorado news from The Associated Press at 1:40 a.m. MDT
- Rockies power up, snap home skid by beating Mets 10-8