A mother of an 11-year-old that goes to Grenard Middle School in Cherokee County says her daughter was sexually harassed on the school bus by two boys.
She filed a police report with the SRO at Gaffney High School.
In that police report she says the girl was asked about sex, asked if she stuffed her bra, asked if she shaved her legs, and rubbed her legs.
Marty Sellars spoke with 7 News and says after her daughter's complaint she called the school district to see the video.
Sellars says the Transportation Director told her there was no video of the incident because the cameras weren't working.
There is video of a second incident that Sellars reviewed with school officials and the SRO.
Sellars says that video showed a boy walking up from the back of the bus and touching the girl's face.
Gaffney High School Principal Raashad Fitzpatrick says that they reviewed that video and followed proper protocol.
The Cherokee County Superintendent says that the video on all the buses has been working and captured all incidents.
When asked why the mother hadn't seen the video, she said the mother didn't ask for it. Sellars disputes those claims.
Sellars says the boys are still riding the bus with her daughter.
According to a letter from DJJ, the two boys accused of the harassment, have now been charged with Assault, Assault and Battery 3rd Degree, and Harassment. The boys will now face a family court judge for a decision on the charges.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 men charged in murder of Iva mom
- AG Sessions says he's fired former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, effective immediately
- Temporary Spartanburg Co. courthouse location falls through; state law cited as reason
- Man shot, killed by Yancey Co. deputy during home invasion, sheriff's office says