CHEROKEE Co., SC (WSPA) - The S.C. Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash on Highway 11 in Cherokee County.
Troopers say three vehicles collided just before 7 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of Highway 11 and Frontier Drive.
The victim has been identified as Harold Lynn Cobb, 46, of Chesnee, by the Cherokee County coroner.
Authorities say Cobb was driving a SUV when he hit a pickup truck stopped and attempting to turn left. Coroner Dennis Fowler said Cobb then crashed head-on into a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction. Authorities say Cobb's SUV overturned and he was trapped inside and died at the scene.
The pickup truck driver who was rear ended was injured and taken to Mary Black Hospital.
The driver of the other SUV that was hit and their passenger were not hurt in the crash, according to the Highway Patrol.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 men charged in murder of Iva mom
- AG Sessions says he's fired former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, effective immediately
- No. 16 UMBC stuns No. 1 Virginia 74-54 to make NCAA history
- Sheriff gives update on 2018 murder cases