GREENVILLE Co., SC (WSPA) - The FBI and Greenville Co. Deputies are hunting for crooks who are targeting Indian and Asian business owners.
Sheriff's Will Lewis held a news conference today to talk about the recent crimes.
Lewis says they've seen a spike at least 9 incidents in the last month.
All of the victims were Asian or Indian business owners.
The crimes happened during the day when the victims were at their businesses, according to Lewis.
"Again, the recent trend has caused concern for the law enforcement community as a whole. Especially when you're targeting one specific segment of our community. We all take that very seriously, so the FBI is involved," said Sheriff Will Lewis
Out of the 9 incidents one of them was a home invasion.
The victim says he came home and found 3 men inside armed with rifles.
Deputies say the men hit the victim with their weapon but didn't fire.
No arrests have been made.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Driver trapped after car flips in Woodruff crash
- NYC firefighter dies battling blaze on Harlem movie set
- American Red Cross assisting victims of Anderson Co. apartment fire
- Coroner's office responding to crash on Hwy 76 in Laurens Co.