GREENWOOD, SC (WSPA) - A 17-year-old is dead after a shooting at a convenience store on Highway 72 in Greenwood.
The Greenwood County Sheriff's Office says deputies and troopers responded to a report of a reckless driver on Highway 72 near Woodlawn Road around 5 p.m. Wednesday. While searching for the driver, dispatch received a 911 call of shots fired at a nearby Stop-A-Minit store.
A trooper arrived at the convenience store and confirmed that shots had been fired, according to the sheriff's office.
Deputies say the victim arrived at Self Regional Hospital just after 5:15 p.m. where he later died.
Investigators were interviewing a person of interest on Wednesday night.
The coroner has identified the victim as Jalis Jeremiah Anderson of McCormick.
He died of multiple gunshot wounds and the manner of death has been ruled as homicide.
No arrests or charges have been announced.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 men charged in murder of Iva mom
- AG Sessions says he's fired former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, effective immediately
- Temporary Spartanburg Co. courthouse location falls through; state law cited as reason
- Thief steals electronics from UNC basketball program, police say