OCONEE COUNTY, SC (WSPA) – Oconee County Sheriff’s Office officials said a woman who reported that she was sexually assaulted at a fraternity house near Seneca has been charged with filing a false report.
According to a sheriff’s office news release, deputies were notified early Saturday morning by the Clemson University Police Department of a reported sexual assault that happened at the Delta Chi fraternity house.
Deputies spoke with the reported victim — Sarah Katherine Campbell, 18, of Herndon , Va. — and an investigation was started and turned over to the Criminal Investigations Unit.
During the investigation, it was determined that the sexual relations between Campbell and a male at the fraternity was consensual.
According to the sheriff’s office, Campbell had not been truthful when giving information to the investigator in the case.
Campbell was arrested and charged with filing a false police report of a felony.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 men charged in murder of Iva mom
- AG Sessions says he's fired former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, effective immediately
- Temporary Spartanburg Co. courthouse location falls through; state law cited as reason
- 14 hurt, 2 seriously, after deck collapse at Savannah restaurant