SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA)- A man is facing several charges after deputies say he led them on a chase through Spartanburg, and over the North Carolina state line.
The Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office says two deputies were patrolling highway 9 around 3 p.m. Tuesday when they noticed a car going about 70mph in a 45mph zone.
According to the incident report, the deputies pulled over the car. But once they walked up to vehicle, the driver took off. That started a chase down several roads until the driver finally came to a stop again in a Dollar General parking lot.
Deputies say the driver had both of his hands up in the air. But when they shouted at him to get out of the car, he sped off again.
The driver eventually crossed over the North Carolina state line and Spartanburg County deputies had to call off the chase. They alerted Polk County authorities of the driver headed in their direction.
A short time later, they were advised that the driver was caught. Deputies also found an open beer can in the car.
Marvin Terrell McDowell, 31, now faces several charges including speeding, failure to stop for blue lights and open container.
According to the incident report, McDowell also had a suspended license.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Driver trapped after car flips in Woodruff crash
- Wrecker leaks 30 gallons of diesel fuel in Mauldin
- US Postal Service unveils Mister Rogers postage stamp
- March For Our Lives expected to bring hundreds to downtown Greenville