WSPA STAFF - GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA) - Duke Energy says more than 2,000 customers were without power in downtown Greenville.
The incident was reported around 12:45 p.m. Thursday.
Officials with Duke Energy say strong winds caused a pine tree to fall on a cross arm, which is part of a power pole.
The city of Greenville posted on social media that Municipal Court will be closed for the rest of the day.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Greenville Co. Law Enforcement Center evacuated due to suspicious package
- Deputies clear report of suspicious package near Upstate shopping center
- Ex-Miss Kentucky gets probation for bringing pot into prison
- 2 hurt after rebar falls 15 stories at Myrtle Beach construction site