(Lakeland, Fla) - Publix Apple Coffee Cakes are being recalled voluntarily due to metal shavings found in the product, according to the company.
This includes Publix in South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and North Carolina.The product has a UPC of 002-19562-00000, including all date codes.
As of now their have been no reported cases of illness or injury, and any costumers who have purchased the product may return to their local Publix for a full refund.
Contact Publix Customer Care department at 1-800-242-1227 or log on to www.publix.com for more information.
Customers can also contact the US Food and Drug Administration at 1-888-SAFEFOOD (1-888-723-3366).
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Clemson Practices in Omaha Ahead of Friday Night's Sweet 16 Match-up With Kansas
- Disturbance at Anderson Co. apartment complex, several in custody
- California storm forces flood rescues but spares Montecito
- House fire on Crestwood Drive in Greenville, American Red Cross assisting