GREENVILLE COUNTY, SC (WSPA) - A prayer vigil in honor of a Riverside High School student being placed in hospice care has been scheduled for Sunday night at Covenant United Methodist Church in Greer.
Riverside High School shared the vigil information on their Facebook page on Wednesday, as well as a post from the student, named Bella, who gave an update on her diagnosis.
The teenager wrote, "There is nothing they can do for me anymore, and I will be placed under hospice car. I have decided to continue with my oral chemotherapy in hopes that it does something. However, I will no longer be continuing any other treatment, and will not be having regular visits to the clinic anymore."
"This is NOT the end. I know that God has a plan for me, and that he does perform miracles," she added in the post.
According to the church's Facebook page, the vigil will be held Sunday starting at 6:30 p.m. at Covenant United Methodist Church, located at 1310 Old Spartanburg Road in Greer.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Austin bombing suspect blows himself up as SWAT moves in
- Briefing papers warned Trump: ‘DO NOT CONGRATULATE' Putin
- What we know about Austin bombing suspect Mark Conditt
- Man shot, killed in Seneca, ruled homicide