SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) - Deion Holmes scored 34 points to lead South Carolina Upstate to a 91-79 victory over Stetson on Thursday night.
SC Upstate (7-20, 2-8 Atlantic Sun Conference) snapped a five-game losing skid. Stetson (10-17, 2-8) has lost eight straight.
Holmes was 13 of 21 from the field. Malik Moore added 27 points on 10-of-15 shooting, and Ramel Thompkins made five 3-pointers and finished with 16 points for the Spartans.
Divine Myles scored 26 points for Stetson. Abayomi Iyiola added 10 points and a game-high nine rebounds.
Holmes hit a 3-pointer and the Spartans had a 15-point lead early in the second half. Myles scored 16 points, including 12 straight, and the Hatters pulled to 66-65 with 6:46 to play. Moore scored 13 points and Holmes added six points as SC Upstate closed the game on a 25-14 surge.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 men charged in murder of Iva mom
- AG Sessions says he's fired former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, effective immediately
- No. 16 UMBC stuns No. 1 Virginia 74-54 to make NCAA history
- Sheriff gives update on 2018 murder cases