Recipe from Derrick E. Vaughan of Baltimore, Md.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
12 oz. ground beef
1/2 teaspoon rock salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Steak Sauce
1 thick slice of purple onion
1 slice of tomato
1 leaf of lettuce
4 slices of American or Cheddar cheese
1 large hamburger bun
1. Place 12 oz. of ground beef into medium bowl.
2. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of rock salt and black pepper into bowl. Pour 1 tablespoon of Steak Sauce in bowl.
3. Mix together and make (2) 6 oz. burger patties.
4. Cook to desired temperature.
5. Take slice of thick red onion and dip into seasoned flour (salt, pepper, seasoned salt). Place red onion into 400 degree pan of hot vegetable oil. Cook to crust is golden brown.
5. Top two 6 oz. paties with 2 slices each of American or cheddar cheese, stack together.
6. Top double stack with golden brown red onion. Place double-stacked cheeseburger with golden onions on toasted bun.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.