2011 Anderson Deadly Shooting Suspect Pleads Guilty - WSPA.com

2011 Anderson Deadly Shooting Suspect Pleads Guilty

Posted:
The man accused of a deadly Anderson shooting that happened in 2011 pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter Monday. The man accused of a deadly Anderson shooting that happened in 2011 pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter Monday.

 

Updated June 24, 2013

The man accused of a deadly Anderson shooting that happened in 2011 pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter Monday.

Travon Mack-Haymond was in court concerning the death of Yusef Jenkins.

Authorities say Mack-Haymond assaulted, then shot Jenkins, the mother of his child, during an argument.

Mack-Haymond faces a 15-year prison sentence.

Updated: March 25, 2011 at 2:30 p.m.

Anderson Police say 17 year-old Travon Jonzell Mack-Haymond, of Anderson, turned himself in around 1 p.m. today and was charged with murder.

They are not saying the exact relationship between Mack-Haymond and the victim, only saying they knew each other. They are also not releasing a motive.

Updated: March 25, 2011 at 9:45 a.m.

The victim in a deadly shooting in Anderson has been identified. Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore says 34 year old Yesuef Jenkins was shot to death early Friday morning outside the home of the mother of one of his children. Shore says there was a confrontation between Jenkins and the unidentified shooter in the yard of the home on Sandlewood Drive. Shore says the argument led to Jenkins being shot multiple times. An autopsy is scheduled for Jenkins later Friday.

Sgt. Tilley says the suspect is considered "armed and dangerous," but they do not consider him a "public threat" because the shooting does not appear to be random.

Coroner Shore says the shooting victim, Yesuef Jenkins, had three children and worked at the bakery of a Kroger store. Shore says Jenkins lived with his mother on Maxie Drive in Anderson.

Officers were called to the scene on Sandlewood Drive at 12:30 a.m. Friday.  Officers say a 911 call came from a woman who said someone had been shot outside of her house.  

When officers arrived they found a man in his mid-20s dead in the front yard.  He had been shot at least once.  Investigators say another man was seen running from the scene.

Anderson City Officers began searching for the suspect with the assitance of the Anderson County Sheriff's office K-9 officer.  The sheriff's office helicopter also assisted in the search. 

  • Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>

  • Anderson Woman Entrapped In Overturned Car Drives Off Okay

    Anderson Woman Entrapped In Overturned Car Drives Off Okay

    Monday, April 21 2014 1:37 AM EDT2014-04-21 05:37:12 GMT
    Emergency responders help woman get out of overturned vehicle by placing a ladder on the side of her car. Emergency responders help woman get out of overturned vehicle by placing a ladder on the side of her car.
    An Anderson woman who was entrapped in her overturned vehicle was able to drive off uninjured. Pelzer Emergency Medical Services, Wren Firefighters and South Carolina Highway Patrol all responded to a call for an overturned vehicle on US 29 near Shiloh Church Road late Sunday night.
    An Anderson woman who was entrapped in her overturned vehicle was able to drive off uninjured. Pelzer Emergency Medical Services, Wren Firefighters and South Carolina Highway Patrol all responded to a call for an overturned vehicle on US 29 near Shiloh Church Road late Sunday night.
  • Teen Stowaway Survives In Wheel Well of Maui Flight

    Teen Stowaway Survives In Wheel Well of Maui Flight

    Monday, April 21 2014 12:30 AM EDT2014-04-21 04:30:34 GMT
    Teen stowaway survives in wheel well of Hawaiian Airlines plane flight from California to Hawaii.Teen stowaway survives in wheel well of Hawaiian Airlines plane flight from California to Hawaii.
    FBI officials say a 16 year old boy stowed away in the wheel well of a flight from California to Hawaii and survived.
    FBI officials say a 16 year old boy stowed away in the wheel well of a flight from California to Hawaii and survived.
  • Update: Amber Alert For Child Abduction Cancelled

    Update: Amber Alert For Child Abduction Cancelled

    Monday, April 21 2014 12:07 AM EDT2014-04-21 04:07:49 GMT
    Amber Alert in North Carolina has been cancelled.Amber Alert in North Carolina has been cancelled.
    The AMBER Alert for a missing child, Tamiyah Elssy Bryant, issued Saturday has been cancelled.  The North Carolina Amber Alert page says the child was located in Emporia, VA unharmed.
    The AMBER Alert for a missing child, Tamiyah Elssy Bryant, issued Saturday has been cancelled.  The North Carolina Amber Alert page says the child was located in Emporia, VA unharmed.
Powered by WorldNow

250 International Dr.
Spartanburg, S.C. 29303

Telephone: 864.576.7777
Fax: 864.587.5430
Email: webmaster@wspa.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.