2) Haute Mama: Maternity Specialty Store by Allison Little & Sara Riddle
3) The Local Hiker: Hiking/Backpacking Store by Michael & Kathy Silverman
4) Motte & Sons Bootlegging Company: Distillery by Michael & Eugenia Motte
5) Pink Butterflies: Children's Salon/Spa by Sheila McClesky
6) Tortoise & the Hare: Running Specialty Store by Teresa Hrubala
7) The Vibe Tea House: Tea House/Desserts by Cindy Ball, Marlanda DeKine, Antonio Mack
You have a chance to hear the final pitches and learn more about the new business ventures. All seven finalists will present their ideas at a public event called "The Main Event." It takes place May 22nd at 6:30pm at "The Showroom." Tickets are $5 and may be purchased at the door or online by clicking here. All the proceed will go to finalist voted as the crowd favorite.
After the finalists make their pitches, the Main Street Challenge selection committee will
convene to review their scoring and finalize their decisions. The three winners will then be announced.
Original Story: January 6th
There's a new push to bring business to Downtown Spartanburg. It's called the "Main Street Challenge."
Here's how it works. People who want to start a new business or expand an existing one to downtown can submit ideas to the city. 3 Winners will be selected. They will get a choice of 6 available store fronts and $1,000 per month, for a year, to go toward leasing that space.
Finalist will also get professional help developing their business plan. You can get more information about the Main Street Challenge here. The website will go live on Sunday. People interested have until February 8th to apply.