Smoking In Bed To Blame For Deadly Fire - WSPA.com

Smoking In Bed To Blame For Deadly Fire

Posted: Updated:
The Asheville Fire Department responded to a condominium complex on Windswept Drive Friday morning. The Asheville Fire Department responded to a condominium complex on Windswept Drive Friday morning.
ASHEVILLE, N.C. -

Fire investigators ruled that a deadly fire was started by a woman smoking in bed.

The Asheville Fire Department responded to a condominium complex on Windswept Drive Friday morning. They pulled Deborah Bebber, 62, from the burning building. Medics took her to the hospital where she later died.

The fire caused heavy damage to the victim's unit including a partial collapse of the roof. Other units within the structure suffered smoke damage. There were no other reported injuries.

Powered by WorldNow

250 International Dr.
Spartanburg, S.C. 29303

Telephone: 864.576.7777
Fax: 864.587.5430
Email: webmaster@wspa.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.