Employees Evacuated From Greenville News Building After Gas Spil - WSPA.com

Employees Evacuated From Greenville News Building After Gas Spill

Posted: Updated:

The smell of gas prompted the evacuation of The Greenville News building late Friday afternoon.

Just after 4 p.m., Firefighters, EMS and Police responding to the building on South Main Street in response to a call about a gas leak. Officials say that a man who was using a leaf blower had spilled a small amount of gas in the stairwell of the building and it passed into the ventilation.

The building was evacuated as firefighters checked on the source. Several people were treated at the scene for breathing problems, and several were treated with blankets.

Employees were allowed back in the building shortly after 6 pm.

Powered by WorldNow

250 International Dr.
Spartanburg, S.C. 29303

Telephone: 864.576.7777
Fax: 864.587.5430
Email: webmaster@wspa.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.