Here's what you will need to make it:
8 ounces lasagna noodles -- that's about half a box of noodles
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
3 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tbs fresh chopped parsley
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tbs olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper
Bolognese Sauce (recipe follows)
medium sized baking dish
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Make a batch of Bolognese meat sauce (recipe follows).
4. Fill a stockpot about half way with water, add about a tablespoon of salt and bring water to a boil. When it is rapidly boiling, add the lasagna noodles, keeping them whole and cook for about 10 minutes. When they are done, remove them from the water and place on a tray with a few drops of olive oil on each one so they don't stick to each other.
5. Mix 2 cups of ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, ½ cup parmesan cheese and the eggs in a bowl. Add about half of the chopped basil, all of the parsley, the dried oregano and the garlic powder. Mix just until all ingredients are incorporated.
6. Take a lasagna noodle and lay it out on a flat surface.
7. With the spatula, spread some of the cheese mixture on one side of the noodle.
8. With a spoon place some of the meat sauce on top of the cheese mixture.
9. Leave a little room at the ends and on the sides so that the cheese and meat won't ooze out when you roll up the noodles.
10. Place some meat sauce in the bottom of the dish and then roll up the noodle, placing it seam side down in the dish.
11. After you've rolled all of the noodles and placed them in the dish, pour some of the meat sauce all over the top of each.
12. Bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes.
14. Using oven mitts, take out and serve hot.
1 lb Italian sausage
1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes 2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Place ground beef and ground sausage in sauté pan with onions and garlic and cook until meat is no longer pink and onions are soft.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, basil, oregano & pepper to meat in sauté pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer, for about 15 minutes or until ready to use.
250 International Dr.
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.