Converse Fire Chief Tim Jones said a falling limb damaged a home late Wednesday night and caused a gas leak in Spartanburg County.
Jones told 7 On Your Side the big branch came down on a house on Hagood Court. The limb took out power lines and a gas meter, which caused the gas leak.
Crews fixed the leak and worked to restore power. No one was hurt inside the home but it need repairs.
Jones said the rain as saturated many trees and the ground, so branches may be more prone to fall.
A sign meant to make people think also got people talking in the Town of Blacksburg.
250 International Dr.Spartanburg, S.C. 29303