NC DOT honors workers for burning home rescue - WSPA.com

NC DOT honors workers for burning home rescue

Posted: Updated:
RALEIGH, N.C. -

The head of North Carolina's transportation department is honoring three state workers who saved a sleeping father and son from their burning McDowell County home.

State Transportation Secretary Tony Tata is honoring Ricky Bradley, Chris Painter and Jason Ray during Thursday's state transportation board meeting in Raleigh.

The McDowell News reports the three workers were fixing the pavement on the road near Paul Robinson's home in Marion when they saw the fire last month.

Marion Fire Chief Jim Neal says Robinson and his son were asleep inside. Two of the DOT workers rushed inside with a fire extinguisher they had on their truck. Neal says they found the blaze was more intense than they could fight themselves, so the workers broke out a window to help them escape.

  • Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>

  • Fire Destroys Anderson Home

    Fire Destroys Anderson Home

    Thursday, August 21 2014 3:12 PM EDT2014-08-21 19:12:31 GMT
    An Anderson Fire investigator says a fire destroyed a home on Lyons St. near Clarence Ave. Thursday afternoon.
    An Anderson Fire investigator says a fire destroyed a home on Lyons St. near Clarence Ave. Thursday afternoon.
  • 14 People Exposed To Rabies In Anderson Co.

    14 People Exposed To Rabies In Anderson Co.

    Thursday, August 21 2014 2:12 PM EDT2014-08-21 18:12:57 GMT
    DHEC says the people were referred to health care providers after they came in contact with a kitten that tested positive for rabies.
    DHEC says the people were referred to health care providers after they came in contact with a kitten that tested positive for rabies.
  • Aid Group: 2nd US Worker With Ebola Released

    Aid Group: 2nd US Worker With Ebola Released

    Thursday, August 21 2014 11:22 AM EDT2014-08-21 15:22:14 GMT
    The Atlanta hospital where two American aid workers were brought after getting infected with the Ebola virus will hold a news conference to discuss their discharge.The Atlanta hospital where two American aid workers were brought after getting infected with the Ebola virus will hold a news conference to discuss their discharge.
    An aid group says a second American aid worker has been released after she was treated at an Atlanta hospital for the Ebola virus.
    An aid group says a second American aid worker has been released after she was treated at an Atlanta hospital for the Ebola virus. A news conference was planned for 11 a.m. Thursday at Emory to discuss the discharge of Nancy Writebol and another aid worker, Dr. Kent Brantly.
Powered by WorldNow

250 International Dr.
Spartanburg, S.C. 29303

Telephone: 864.576.7777
Fax: 864.587.5430
Email: webmaster@wspa.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.