Bentley Mitchell owner of Labels Designer Consignments,
a high-end resale boutique off Augusta Rd.
· Three years ago, we started celebrating Chanel's birthday with a girls' night out event at our store.
· Donning our Little Black Dresses and pearls we have champagne, makeovers and celebrate all things Chanel
· most influencial designers of her time and her timeless style is evident even today.
· From Grace Kelly, Jackie O, to modern day style mavens like Atlantic Pacific's Blair Eadie "Bee" and Rachel Zoe- they all in some form or another are inspired by Coco's revolutionary style.
· The Little Black Dress (did not invent, but popularized it/ Black & white)
· Trousers (first to wear trousers in public/ pioneer the modern, adrogynouse look for women)
· Sailor Tops (Nautical inspired looks began with Chanel's sailor tops)
· Costume Jewelry (Fake pearls, ropes of gold with fake jewels and fake Maltese crosses)
· The Chanel Suit (Skirt suit with collarless cardigan-like jacket solely based on Chanel's original design).
· Chanel No. 5 (her legendary perfume was the first to combine florals, and to be branded with a sleek bottle design and simple name)
· Chanel Handbag (the iconic 2.55 handbag of quilted leather was the first to "free" women from the constraints of a handheld bag with the double handled based on the keys dangling from their wrists)
250 International Dr.
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.