It was a normal day on the golf course for Harold Alexander, until he and his friends found a few mysterious bottles inside the woods.
Alexander says one of the golfers opened the bottle and started to feel sick.
"It had a really vile smell and it almost knocked the top of his head off he said," Alexander said.
Deputies evacuated the Donaldson Center Golf Club when they realized it was meth.
Investigators say this happens more often than you think.
"Shake and Bake meth labs can be dropped anywhere," Lt. Ashley Harris with the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office said.
Harris is a chemist with the Sheriff's Office.
He says you'd be shocked by some of the places he has found "shake and bake" meth labs.
"We've seen them on the side of roads, we've seen them in lakes , on golf courses, in other people's storage buildings," Harris said.
These labs put you at risk because simply touching the bottle can cause it to explode.
Even if the bottle doesn't explode it can still do serious damage.
"This is a chemical resistant suit we wear when entering a lab to protect us," Harris said.
Hazmat teams wear protective suits because touching the liquid can severely burn your skin.
"You don't realize it when it happens it feels soapy on the skin and later on you start to feel the pain coming from it," Harris said.
If you see bottles or containers that look suspicious call law enforcement, because it only takes a split second for meth to ignite.
Greenville Police say a drug call ended with an officer-involved shooting at the Comfort Inn on Laurens Road in Greenville, Saturday night.
250 International Dr.Spartanburg, S.C. 29303