Fire Damages Home On California Boulevard In Spartanburg - WSPA.com

Fire Damages Home On California Boulevard In Spartanburg

Posted: Updated:
Spartanburg, SC - A home in the city of Spartanburg was damaged after a fire broke out in the kitchen early Thursday night.

Battalion Chief Darryl Padgett of the Spartanburg Fire Department said that firefighters responded to a home on California Boulevard around 5:30 p.m. and found smoke billowing from the home. Firefighters went inside the home and found the fire inside the kitchen. They managed to contain the fire and keep it from spreading, but not before it caused extensive damage to the kitchen and water and smoke damage to other rooms inside the home.

Padgett said that the fire appears to have started around the stove, possibly due to a cooking malfunction. A woman and her daughter managed to get out of the home without being injured. The American Red Cross is assisting them.

No firefighters were injured while battling the blaze.
Powered by WorldNow

250 International Dr.
Spartanburg, S.C. 29303

Telephone: 864.576.7777
Fax: 864.587.5430
Email: webmaster@wspa.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.