Dog saves Florence County couple from major house fire - WSPA.com

Dog saves Florence County couple from major house fire

Posted: Updated:
Charlie the dog and the house that was destroyed by the fire (Source: Facebook and Mike Eaddy, S. Lynches Fire Dept.) Charlie the dog and the house that was destroyed by the fire (Source: Facebook and Mike Eaddy, S. Lynches Fire Dept.)
COWARD, SC -

A Florence County man and woman were saved from a house fire when their dog woke them up early Sunday morning.

 The incident happened in Coward when a mobile home caught fire around 2:30 am Sunday, according to information from the South Lynches Fire Department.

 A woman inside, Karen Altman, was awakened by her dog – but not before the house had smoke throughout it.

Altman and Michael Trebella and the dog, Charlie, managed to get out of the single-wide mobile home.

"Thank you GOD that my little dog woke me up the smoke had already took over the house... Even though my house is gone me, Michael Trebella and our little Charlie all got out fine," Altman wrote on Facebook.

The fire ended up causing significant damage to her home.

"Please everyone say a prayer for me and my family as the next few days and weeks go by!! You never truly appreciate the little things until you lose almost everything," Altman wrote.

 Altman and Trebella are currently receiving help from friends and Altman's parents – and others in the community.

They have received more than 100 messages on Facebook from folks who are glad they survived the blaze.

 "Thank you all so so very much," Altman wrote. "So much to process and so, so much to do. Please know that all prayers and thoughts and everything is appreciative more than you know."

Powered by WorldNow

250 International Dr.
Spartanburg, S.C. 29303

Telephone: 864.576.7777
Fax: 864.587.5430
Email: webmaster@wspa.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.