Kerosene Heater Catches Fire; Damages Greenville Home - WSPA.com

Kerosene Heater Catches Fire; Damages Greenville Home

Posted: Updated:
A fire damaged a home in downtown Greenville Friday night. A fire damaged a home in downtown Greenville Friday night.
GREENVILLE, S.C. - A fire severely damaged a home in the city of Greenville Friday night.

The fire happened just after 7 p.m. at a home on Croft Street. According to Greenville Fire Inspector L.C. Dendy, when firefighters arrived the fire was coming from the second floor of the home. 

Twenty-six firefighters and six fire engines were utilized to battle the fire, which left extensive damage to the second floor. Nobody was at home at the time of the fire, but Dendy said one person returned to the house during the fire and had to be transported to the hospital due to anxiety from seeing the damage to the home. One firefighter suffered minor injuries from slipping on ice, but did not have to be transported to the hospital. 

Dendy stated that the the fire was caused by a kerosene heater that was close to combustible material in the home. It has been ruled unintentional.   
  • Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>

  • US Court: Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    US Court: Va. Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:23 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:23:33 GMT
    A federal appeals court has struck down Virginia's same-sex marriage ban.A federal appeals court has struck down Virginia's same-sex marriage ban.
    A three-judge panel of the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond ruled Monday that state constitutional and statutory provisions barring gay marriage and denying recognition of such unions performed in other states violate the U.S. Constitution.
    A three-judge panel of the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond ruled Monday that state constitutional and statutory provisions barring gay marriage and denying recognition of such unions performed in other states violate the U.S. Constitution.
  • VIDEO: Dog Passes Out After Seeing Family Member

    VIDEO: Dog Passes Out After Seeing Family Member

    Monday, July 28 2014 1:01 PM EDT2014-07-28 17:01:47 GMT
    The dog in this video gets so excited to see a family member returning home for the first time in two years that she passed out!
    The dog in this video gets so excited to see a family member returning home for the first time in two years that she passed out!
  • Hundreds Of Dollars Worth Of Quarters Taken From Car Wash

    Hundreds Of Dollars Worth Of Quarters Taken From Car Wash

    Monday, July 28 2014 12:55 PM EDT2014-07-28 16:55:18 GMT
    Three white males were seen breaking into the coin machine use wires and tools.Three white males were seen breaking into the coin machine use wires and tools.
    Spartanburg Police are looking for 3 male suspects after police say they robbed a car wash Friday evening.
    Spartanburg Police are looking for 3 male suspects after police say they robbed a car wash Friday evening.
Powered by WorldNow

250 International Dr.
Spartanburg, S.C. 29303

Telephone: 864.576.7777
Fax: 864.587.5430
Email: webmaster@wspa.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.