Electrical short causes mobile home fire - WSPA.com

Electrical short causes mobile home fire

Posted: Updated:
KINSTON, N.C. - An electrical fire caused a Kinston mobile home to go up in flames on Saturday afternoon.

North Lenoir Fire and Rescue public information officer Chris Decker says it happened on Ham Street around 1:30 p.m.

Several units and about 20 firefighters responded to the fire, which threatened a nearby structure and utility pole.

It took about an hour and a half to put out the fire and investigate.

Decker says there is heavy damage to the home and contents inside, though everyone inside got out safely.

North Lenoir Fire and Rescue was assisted by Hugo Fire and Rescue, Lenoir County Sheriff’s Office, NC Highway Patrol, and the American Red Cross.
Powered by WorldNow

250 International Dr.
Spartanburg, S.C. 29303

Telephone: 864.576.7777
Fax: 864.587.5430
Email: webmaster@wspa.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.