April 2019 Caring for the Carolinas Award Winner

Caring For The Carolinas

JACK ROPER

Well, it’s time to award our April Caring for the Carolinas Award, of course courtesy of our friends at Ingles, Bath Fitter and Unclaimed Furniture. This is Alisha Pruett.

ANGIE PRUETT – WINNER’S MOM

Alisha has always been a child who cares since she was knee-high.  She’s always given of herself. If somebody needs something, she’s always given.

ALISHA PRUETT – AWARD RECIPIENT

I got the idea because I was a social worker in Charlotte, and I realized that people weren’t getting access to food that they needed to, to better thrive. Often times people go to food pantries or they don’t have enough income to get the foods they need for their diet. So we decided to get rescued and local produce and bring it right into neighborhoods via our mobile market: Fruit, vegetables, all kinds of healthy, fresh food from local farms. I go to about 30 neighborhoods a month

ANGIE PRUETT – WINNER’S MOM

She has worked diligently to get The Bulb together. I went to visit her recently and she took me to school with her. She talked to over a hundred students at a middle school, and told them about helping people with rescued food, and how to grow gardens. And I can not tell you how proud I am of her.

JACK ROPER

Alisha Pruett, you are the winner of our April Caring for the Carolinas award. To you! Congratulations.

ALISHA PRUETT – AWARD RECIPIENT

Thank you. Thank you so much! Yay!

JACK ROPER

In addition, our winner wins a gift card from our friends at Ingles. Also from Bath Fitter and Unclaimed Furniture.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Caring for the Carolinas Form at Bottom of page

Fill out myonline form.

Trending Stories

living upstate

upstate jobs
Home for the Holidays
Turkey Day Giveaway
Color Your Weather
Dollywood Ticket Giveaway
Pro Football Challenge
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store