Dec. 2018 Caring for the Carolinas Award Winner

Caring For The Carolinas

JACK ROPER
Well Hi, Jack Roper here in Lyman, right at the Middle Tyger Community Center. Inside a young lady that’s going to win our award for December, our Caring for the Carolinas award, her name is Catarina.

LINDSAY PEELER – TEACHER
She comes once a week and brings two books and sits down and reads to the kids. They really enjoy having somebody else to read to them, other than us, and they enjoy being read to.

ANDREA MOORE – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, MIDDLE TYGER COMMUNITY CENTER
One of our programs here is called This is My Child, it’s a pre-school and early learning program for children, and it is always a pleasure for us to have Catarina come and volunteer and spend her time with our kids.

KATHRYN COSTA – MOTHER
She started coming to the Middle Tyger Community Center when she was about nine, volunteering. She started in the food pantry and the next year moved up to reading to the children in the daycare center.

CATARINA SIMONE COSTA – AWARD WINNER
Well, I really love to read, and I also really love to give back in my community. So I thought, why not combine the two and be able to give books to kids who really need them?

JACK ROPER
Our sponsors, of course, are Ingles, Bath Fitter and Unclaimed Furniture. This young lady next to me right here to my left has worked so hard, helping with other people, primarily helping kids to have books to read, right? Catarina Simone Costa is our award winner for the month of December. Congratulations! There you go. Our winner also receives a $100 cift card from Ingles and a $50 gift card from Unclaimed Furniture.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Caring for the Carolinas Form at Bottom of page

Fill out myonline form.

Trending Stories

Win Clemson Tickets
Things to Do
Color Your Weather
Pro Football Challenge
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store