Feb. 2019 Caring for the Carolinas Award Winner

Caring For The Carolinas

JACK ROPER
Well hi there, Jack Roper. Perfect day to give our Caring for the Carolinas award away.  It’s for volunteerism, someone that donates their time to help others, and we think we think we found just the fellow. His name is Monk Cavendish.

GEORGE W. BOWAN – FRIEND
Monk is certainly a good neighbor, and he’s willing, and has helped, anybody anytime, anywhere that needs some help.

TYLER HODGE – FRIEND
Every year Mr. Cavendish can be found at Wade’s Restaurant helping box up food for hospice patients. He can be found on the street corner ringing the bell for the Salvation Army.

GEORGE W. BOWAN – FRIEND
Anything that needs to be done, plumbing, electrical, yardwork, Cedar Spring Baptist Church… and not only throughout this community, but Habitat for Humanity, Christmas in Action…

TYLER HODGE – FRIEND
Besides all that, one thing that makes him stand out from others is his willingness dedication and compassion for others. He’s always willing to help serve people in the community.

JACK ROPER
You do so many nice things for other people. We got an email saying you deserved out Caring for the Carolinas award. It’s of course given by our friends at Ingles, Unclaimed Furniture and Bath Fitter. So as I give this to you, I sense applause. It’s coming as we speak. I hear it!

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Caring for the Carolinas Form at Bottom of page

Fill out myonline form.
Things to Do
Color Your Weather
Racing News
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store