May 2018 Caring for the Carolinas Award Winner

Caring For The Carolinas

JACK ROPER
Jack Roper, good old Greenwood County. We’re on the lawn here of Faith Home Christian Rehab Center. It’s here for alcoholics and drug abusers so they can be rehabilitated. We’re going inside, the lady that runs it of course is Aline Barnes. She will be our March volunteer of the month for our Caring for the Carolinas project.

KATHY SUDDUTH – RECIPIENT’S DAUGHTER
My dad started the ministry in 1966. My mother continued with this ministry after he passed away, became the director, and still is the director.

JAMES GOWAN – FAITH HOME
I don’t know if she wants me to say this, she’s 85 years old and she still comes up every day and runs the facility. I have never met anybody with a bigger heart.

ALINE BARNES – AWARD RECIPIENT
It’s a two-month free program, doesn’t cost them anything. You see them come in and they’re so broken, and you see after they’ve been here a few days, you see that twinkle in the eye. 

STEVE HANKE – PROGRAM GRADUATE
She welcomes them with open arms and gives them a chance to begin again.

KATHY SUDDUTH – RECIPIENT’S DAUGHTER
And we have always believed in giving people second chances.

JACK ROPER
Our award is made possible with our friends from Ingles, along with Bath Fitter and of course Unclaimed Furniture. We want to make you our Caring for the Carolinas volunteer for the month of March, there is your trophy, and yes I hear applause. I hear it, it’s coming. One of our sponsors is Ingles, so there’s your hundred dollar gift card. Alright? Thank you.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Caring for the Carolinas Form at Bottom of page

Fill out myonline form.
Graduate Gallery
Livin Upstate Deals
Carolina Eats Contest
Adopt A Thon
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store

Trending Stories