May 2019 Caring for the Carolinas Award Winner

Caring For The Carolinas

JACK ROPER
Well hi, Jack Roper here. For those of you on the other side of the camera, let me introduce you to the city of Ninety Six in Greenwood County. We’re in front of the Welcome Center, and in just a moment we’re going to give our May Caring for the Carolinas award to a young lady by the name of Lynn Sargent.

LYNN SARGENT – AWARD RECIPIENT
We found out there was a young man in our bible study group who didn’t have food in his home. And there were two young ladies who brought that to my attention, and we began praying about what to do, how could we help, for God to lead us to what he thought we should be doing to feed his people, and that’s how Soul Food began. 

ANDREA BAUMBERGER – FRIEND
We got in touch with miss Lynn, decided what she could use for her mission. She feeds the homeless and those in need in our community, our beautiful community of Ninety Six, South Carolina.

WANDA RAINS – FRIEND
I work with Lynn doing Soul Food on Saturday mornings, and she has most of the food ready in bags and all. I tell you, it is a blessing to me – even though it’s a blessing to them, it’s a much more blessing to me – and Lynn is, she’s an angel.

JACK ROPER
Our Caring for the Carolinas award of course is sponsored by our friends at Ingles, Bath Fitter and Unclaimed Furniture. Now this month, the month of May, our winner of this award, for giving so much of their time to help others, is this lady Lynn Sargent. Lynn congratulations. I hear it. I hear it! In addition, our winner wins a gift card from our friends at Ingles. Also from Bath Fitter and Unclaimed Furniture.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Caring for the Carolinas Form at Bottom of page

Fill out myonline form.
Things to Do
Color Your Weather
Racing News
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store