Oct. 2019 Caring for the Carolinas Award Winners

Caring For The Carolinas

JACK ROPER

Well hi, Jack Roper here in Woodruff. Good place, because it’s the home of the Agape Care Center, a homeless shelter for me. And inside, there are a couple of young ladies who have helped this place greatly.

LES CALDWELL, CO-FOUNDER AGAPE CARE CENTER

Emily and Adell Wilson have been a great asset to us since we opened the doors in 2016. It’s a homeless ministry, all male, where we take those that are homeless and hungry and hurting and hopeless, and we bring them in and we try to give them a new direction in life.

DIANNE MELTON, ASSISTANT DIRECTOR AGAPE CARE CENTER

We got Emily and Adell here today, they’ve come ever since we opened. And they collect things that the men need.

ADELL WILSON, AWARD CO-RECIPIENT

Well, they didn’t much here and they needed stuff, so we just bought some stuff and brought it here and that’s when it started.

EMILY WILSON, AWARD CO-RECIPIENT

I like to give back to the people that don’t have much, because some people that don’t have much can’t afford it. So that’s why we do what we do.

JACK ROPER

Thanks to our friends at Ingles, Bath Fitter and Unclaimed Furniture, who help present the trophies. I’m gonna reach behind me and get em, somebody’s holding them back here for me. This is Adell and Emily Wilson, hey ladies! You are our October Caring for the Carolinas award winners. Who’s Adelle and who’s Emily? You choose! Give ‘em a nice hand, yeah alright. Our winners also receive a gift card from our friends at Ingles. Also from Bath Fitter and Unclaimed Furniture

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Caring for the Carolinas Form at Bottom of page

Fill out myonline form.
Graduate Gallery
Livin Upstate Deals
Carolina Eats Contest
Adopt A Thon
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store

Trending Stories