SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA) – There are plenty of places to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday this year.
The following are area July 4 events scheduled to happen on and around the holiday:
- Fourth of July Weekend – The Big Water Marina and Campground in Starr will be offering a weekend-long Fourth of July event. The event will kick off Friday at 11 a.m. The fireworks even will happen Saturday at 9 p.m. Click here to learn more about the event and view the schedule.
- Star Spangled Splash! – Friday, July 3, 2020 at Shipwreck Cove Water Park in Duncan, SC. The event will be held from 7 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $10 per person, children 2 and under are free. For more information, click here.
- Let Freedom Ring Celebration in Fingerville – The event will happen on Friday, July 3 from 4-9 p.m. at CD’s BBQ & Catering, located at 3155 Peachtree Road in Chesnee. The event will include food, fellowship and fun, according to the Facebook page. There will music, games, prizes and fireworks. Click here to learn more.
- Lights on the Lake fireworks show will start at around 9:30 p.m. on Friday, July 3. For more information, click here.
- Fourth of July Celebration – Saturday, July 4 at the Pickens Amphitheater from 7 to 10 p.m. Live music will be provided by the Jake Bartley Band. A fireworks display will also take place during the event.
- Love My Liberty – Saturday, July 4 – (UPDATE) – Event organizers told 7 News the event has been canceled but the fireworks show will still go on as planned.
- Seneca’s July 4th Celebration – Saturday, July 4 at Gignilliat Field. Gates will open at 6 p.m. and the fireworks will start at 9:30 p.m. Attendance inside Gignilliat Field will be limited and the entrance to the field will be counted and monitored. When capacity is reached, the gates will be closed. Masks are strongly recommended. Family and friend groups are asked to setup within the pre-marked squares. Anyone setting up in the grassy area outside of the stage area will be asked to set up 8-feet apart. In the bleacher section, there are also “no sitting” zones marked with blue stripes. Hand sanitizer and handwashing stations will be provided and the city asks those attending to bring their own supply of hand sanitizer, as well as other personal protective equipment.
- 4th of July Fireworks – Saturday, July 4 in downtown Hendersonville and the south side of the town near the intersection of Highway 225 South and Highway 176. According to event information on the website, the fireworks will start at sundown at around 9:30 p.m. Tune into WTZQ AM-1600 & The Q – 95.3 FM for synchronized patriotic music during the fireworks.