ANDERSON CO., SC (WSPA) - A driver has been charged in a head-on crash that claimed an Anderson woman's life.
The wreck happened just after 10 p.m. Wednesday on Highway 20 near Garren Road in the Cheddar community.
Troopers say Janike Mangle, 22, of Simpsonville was trying to pass another vehicle when he crashed head on into a car.
The driver of the car was trapped and died at the scene of the accident.
The victim has been identified as Frances Dellinger, 74, of Anderson.
Deputy Coroner Charlie Boseman said Dellinger worked at Greenville Health System. It's believed she may have been headed home from work at the time of the crash.
7News crew at the scene say Mangle was also trapped in the wreckage and had to be cut out of the SUV.
Troopers say he was taken to AnMed Health for his injuries following the crash and later charged with felony DUI resulting in death.
Mangle was booked Thursday into the Anderson County jail. On Friday, a judge set bond at $10,000 surety.
The crash was investigated by the S.C. Highway Patrol.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Multiple vehicles catch on fire in Carowinds parking lot
- Chipotle testing six new menu items at NYC test kitchen
- From boat makers to farmers, US-led tariff war inflicts pain
- Storms cause downed trees, power lines throughout Upstate