UNION, S.C. (WSPA) - UNION, SC (WSPA) - A man is dead after a shooting near downtown Union.
Union Police responded to a report of a shooting around 11 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of O'Shields Street.
They found James Edward Parham Jr., 55, of Union at the bottom of the steps of the home unresponsive.
They secured the scene and brought in a K9, but they weren't able to find a suspect.
Witnesses said they heard a gunshot and then saw to men running from O'Shields St. and toward N. Evans St.
They said one of the men was wearing a red shirt and both appeared to be between 19 and 25 years old.
An autopsy on Parham is scheduled for Tuesday.
The Union County Coroner's Office, Union Public Safety, and the Union County Sheriff's Office are investigating Parham's death as a homicide.
No information has been released about a possible suspect.
If you have any information contact Union Police.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Restaurant damaged by fire in Greenville
- Troopers investigating deadly crash in Greenwood County
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park reopens months after eruption
- South Carolina notches 10th straight win over Vandy 37-14