SPARTANBURG CO., S.C. (WSPA) - One person is dead following a single-car crash in Spartanburg County.
It happened on Frey Creek Road just after 10:30 p.m. Friday, according to troopers.
South Carolina Highway Patrol said the driver of a Chevy SUV ran off the side of the road then hit a fence and a tree.
The Spartanburg County Coroner identified the driver that was fatally injured as Stephen Christopher Rice, 36, of Spartanburg.
Troopers said Rice was not wearing a seatbelt and was thrown from the SUV. The passenger was injured and trapped inside. Troopers said the passenger was cut out of the vehicle and taken to Spartanburg Regional.
Rice died at the scene due to injuries, according to troopers.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man dies at hospital following shooting in Anderson Co.
- Gaffney man struck by van, killed in Cherokee Co.
- Taylors man dies after being struck by train in Oconee Co.
- 13 hurt after Westwood Elem. school bus crashes in Greenwood Co.