SPARTANBURG CO., SC (WSPA) - Two people have been arrested after deputies say a child in the home was found with multiple bruises on his body and also had a burn mark on his chest.
According to the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, deputies were called to a home on Chesnee Highway for a welfare check with DSS.
When they arrived, they found the child in a pack and play with multiple bruises on his face, chest, and legs. Deputies say they also found a circular burn mark on the child's chest as well.
The child's great grandmother told deputies that the child was 'very clumsy' and 'falls a lot and does not use his hands to catch himself,' according to the report.
19-year-old Lara Rhea Mary Jane Harrison and 68-year-old Dorothy Lynne Harrison are charged with Unlawful Neglect of a Child.
Both are being held in the Spartanburg County Detention Center on $5,000 bond.
The child was taken into DSS custody.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Buffalo shooting was over a car blocking an alley, says sheriff
- SC man accused of wanting to eat child sentenced to probation
- Colorado man charged with murder in deaths of wife, 2 kids
- Superintendent accused of being serial pooper to get $100,000 severance