4 adults, 7 kids being helped by Red Cross after house fire in Spartanburg

News

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – The American Red Cross is assisting a family whose home was damaged in a fire Tuesday morning.

According to Hill Top Fire Department officials, firefighters responded to the home, located near the corner of Pierpoint Avenue and West Centennial Street, at around 8:15 a.m.

The fire was reportedly caused by a pot left on the stove in the kitchen of the home.

No injuries were reported.

American Red Cross volunteers are currently assisting the family — four adults and seven kids — with financial assistance for food, clothing, lodging and other essentials.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Graduate Gallery
Livin Upstate Deals
Carolina Eats Contest
Adopt A Thon
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store

Trending Stories