Many local businesses are busy putting together date night activities for Valentine’s Day across the Upstate and in Western North Carolina.
Here are 7 ideas for ways to celebrate the holiday:
1. In Greenville, Nightmare Valentine is open February 14th -17th. The haunted house attraction invites couples to face their fears inside a haunted cabin over 100 years old.
This year, the cabin is drenched in the color red and has chainsaws, lasers, clowns and Valentine’s Day decorations. For more information, click here.
“It takes about 45 minutes, and then afterwards you go to dinner, have a nice time out,” co-founder Tina Rodgers says. “By the time you’re done with dinner you’re candles also finished.”
3. Dog Culture in Greenville is also having a “Smooch Your Pooch” event February 12th, with a dog kissing booth, valentine dog treats, rose and a raffle.
4. On February 9th, the Anderson Mall will host a free “Bestie Bash” craft activity for kids and their families, and a “Galentine’s Day” for ladies and friends. The Galentine’s Day “Sip ‘n Shop” event is from 9:30am-11am near Rue21 l with mimosas, mocktails, tai chi chih, giveaways, a hair braider, a psychic, and love songs. The Bestie Bash is from 11am-12:30pm and will allow children to create nostalgic crafts for their best friends.
Guests can also browse unique finds with access to special sales, including prizes, coupons, special discounts, and so much more. Guests must register on using the Eventbrite link at www.facebook.com/andersonmallsc/events.
Anderson Mall has also installed a new art display encouraging guests to celebrate the love in their lives – and share it to inspire fellow guests to feel the love this Valentine’s season. Guests are invited to participate by placing a sticky note with words of love on designated walls throughout the property. This installation is located between Chico’s Off the Rack and Lane Bryant near the Main Entrance and will be on display through February 18, 2019.
For more information on Sip ‘n Shop and other events at Anderson Mall, visit www.shopandersonmall.com
5. In Spartanburg, Blue Moon Specialty Foods is offering “Date Night In” meal kits, which include an appetizer, side, entree and dessert for two people. Kits must be ordered by Sunday, February 10th and picked up in store on Valentine’s Day February 14th between 10am – 6:30pm.
Each meal kit is $49 and includes all of the following for two people:
cheese board with a selection of fresh cut cheeses & meats, house pickles, apple cranberry chutney, gourmet mustard, crackers & more
meyer lemon risotto, roasted brussel sprouts, and cheddar biscuits
ENTREE (CHOOSE FROM BELOW)
Twin petit filet of beef marinated & wrapped in bacon finished with a cherry balsamic reduction
magic dusted Ahi tuna with a Harissa vinaigrette
Tuscan airline chicken breasts stuffed with sundried tomatoes, spinach and a blend of sexy cheeses finished in a garlic cream sauce
DESSERT (CHOOSE FROM BELOW)
Chocolate caramel tart
Red velvet pie
You can order online at: bluemoonsc.com/valentine
6. The Spartanburg Little Theatre is putting on a one-day concert on February 14th called Broadway Backwards at 7:30pm, full of Broadway’s most romantic, heartfelt and hilarious musical moments. The cabaret-style show has a twist: all of the songs were originally written for the opposite gender.
The production is at the Chapman Cultural Center and benefits PIEDMONT CARE to battle HIV/AIDS. Featuring songs from Waitress, Hamilton, Phantom of the Opera, My Fair Lady, South Pacific, Rent, Annie Get Your Gun, The Color Purple, Assassins, Grease, and more!
Tickets are $20 for general admission. Click here for more information.
7. And in Hendersonville, Burntshirt Vineyards is offering a wine blending class on February 10th from 2-4pm for couples.
Participants will be able to create their own romantic red blend for Valentine’s Day. The class includes a selection of artisanal cheeses, meats, and chocolate covered strawberries. There will be a friendly wine blending competition with prizes at the end.
Tickets are $35 for general admission and $30 for wine club members. Click here for more information.