AUGUSTA, Ga. (KRON) - A longtime "Cops" fan got quite the kick out of her 93rd birthday present.
Anne Dumont posted the adorable photos on Facebook, saying she had arranged with the August Police Department to "gently arrest" her mother Simone, who loves watching the TV show, according to WBTV.
“She goes on about how the police have the worse job and what they have to deal with, and she wondered what it was like to be arrested and sit in the back seat,” Dumont said. “She happily got to see the inside of the police car. Front and back and also pushed the siren button until it whaled. A momentous event."
Simone even got a real Augusta police junior officer decal as an added bonus to her birthday gift.
The Augusta Police Department said on Facebook it was "very proud to have been invited" to this unique and memorable birthday celebration.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man dies at hospital following shooting in Anderson Co.
- Gaffney man struck by van, killed in Cherokee Co.
- Taylors man dies after being struck by train in Oconee Co.
- 13 hurt after Westwood Elem. school bus crashes in Greenwood Co.