The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Lake Bowen Baptist Church’s Food Pantry open for food pickup, donation drop-off Sat.
- Canada’s first wave of cases won’t end until the summer, prime minister says
- Parents guide to children’s privacy when remote learning
- Dollywood staff sewing masks for TN Children’s Hospital, provide ponchos to first responders
- Prince William, Kate thank teachers still working