SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) - A man passed away Friday at an area hosptial following a single-vehicle crash on I-85 Business in Spartanburg County.
South Carolina Highway Patrol said the crash happened at about 11:13 p.m. near mile marker 5.
Nathaniel Rhodes, 52, of Spartanburg, was driving a 2016 Kia when he drove off of the right side of the road and hit the guard rail. Troopers said he crossed back over the center line and crashed the median wall after hitting the guard rail.
Rhodes was taken to Spartanburg Regional Medical Center by EMS, where he later passed away at about 12:13 a.m., according to the Spartanburg County Coroner's Office.
Troopers said Rhodes was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
The coroner's office will said the investigation is pending a forensic examination and toxicology results.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man arrested in assault on woman in downtown Spartanburg
- Help deputies find Erlin 'Noemi' Valenzuela in Greenville Co.
- Woman killed in single-vehicle crash in Cowpens ID'd
- Deputies searching for vehicle of homicide victim in Spartanburg Co.