Alarms installed in blitz alert Una residents to kitchen fire

News
Stephens Grove Rd FIRE WEB_1548934189700.jpg.jpg

UNA, SC (WSPA) – Una Fire Department said alarms installed about three years ago during a smoke alarm blitz alerted residents to a fire. 

According to a Facebook post, firefighters found the stove and cabinets in the kitchen on fire when they responded to the Stephen Grove Road home on Wednesday evening.

Fire officials said people inside the home had most of the fire extinguished, and fire crews made sure the fire was fully out.

EMS also responded to the scene to check a female patient for smoke inhalation.

7News is told she’s expected to be fine. 

According to the post, smoke alarms installed during one of the department’s Smoke Alarm Blitz’s alerted the people inside the home to the fire.

Firefighters said the alarms were installed about three years ago and were going off when they arrived on-scene.

The firefighters stressed the importance of working smoke alarms.

The American Red Cross said in a news release that volunteers are helping the family of two adults with financial assistance for food, clothes and lodging.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Things to Do
Color Your Weather
Racing News
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store